The Nyamira County Assembly Service Board (hereinafter referred to as “The Board”) was established by Section 12 of the County Governments Act, 2012, which in part provides that the County Assembly Service Board shall be a body corporate with perpetual succession and a common seal. The County Assembly Service Board as per the Act, shall consist of;-
The Speaker of the County Assembly as the chairperson;
- The leader of majority party or a member of the County Assembly deputed by him or her, as the vice-chairperson;
- The leader of minority party or a member of the County Assembly deputed by him or her; and
- One person resident in the county; appointed by the County Assembly from among persons who have knowledge and experience in public affairs, but who is not a member of the County Assembly.
The Act further provides that the County Assembly Clerk shall be the Secretary to the County Assembly Service Board (CASB).
The County Assembly Service Board is responsible for;
- Providing services and facilities to ensure the efficient and functioning of the County Assembly;
- Constituting offices in the County Assembly Service, and appointing and supervising office holders;
- Preparing annual estimates of expenditure of the County Assembly Service and submitting them to the County Assembly for approval, and exercising budgetary control over the service;
- Undertaking, singly or jointly with other relevant organizations, programs to promote the ideals of parliamentary democracy; and performing other functions, necessary for well-being of the members and staff of the county assembly; or prescribed by the national legislation.
The County Assembly Service shall uphold;
Integrity: Maintain the highest level of integrity in discharging it’s duties.
Accountability and Transparency: Be open and accountable to the stakeholders of the Board in accordance with the law
Equity, Respect and Impartiality: Exercise fairness to all as a guiding principle in discharging it’s duties
Professionalism and Inclusivity: Endeavor to uphold high level of competence and excellence in executing it’s mandate